1) Only one ballot per person.
2) Online ballots must be submitted by 11:59pm EST on February 26, 2017. After this time you will no longer be able to vote.
3) While campaigning for Best Of honors is fair game, inducing your fans or patrons to vote through anything that might be constructed as a payoff could result in your disqualification. Asking for votes: fine. Giving someone ANYTHING in exchange for their vote: not fine, as it taints the vote.
4) Play fair. Sponsors reserve the right to
prohibit any voter from participating, if, at their sole discretion,
Sponsor finds such voter to be tampering with the entry process, voting
process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; or if such entrant or voter
shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules;
or if such entrant or voter threatens the integrity of the Poll by
posting or otherwise disseminating material on Twitter, Facebook, or any
other social network that is offensive, vulgar, obscene, or defames
anyone or any entity; or if such entrant or voter acts: (i) in a manner
the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (ii) with an intent
to annoy, threaten or harass any other voter, nominee, or Sponsor; or
(iii) in any other disruptive manner.
5) If it looks like any company is stuffing the ballots we toss all your entries.
6) We only count ballots from this website. There is no paper ballot option.
How To Vote:
1) Submit your name and a valid e-mail in the registration box, then click "Vote" in order to begin.
After you have registered, you will be taken to the voting page. Select
a section (Food and Drink, Retail, etc.)
and vote in
whatever categories you choose. You can write-in your vote by typing the complete name and town in the field.
When you have entered your votes in any section, hit the "Submit and
Continue" button to move to the next section. Once you have hit this
button, you can no longer go back, so make sure you are done voting in
that section. You must hit "Submit and Continue" in order for your
votes to be counted. You can skip sections if you wish.
4) When you are all done voting, hit the "Finalize Ballot" button. This will submit your ballot to us. Make sure you are satisfied with your choices before finalizing the ballot.
5) Once you begin voting,
you may leave the page and come back at any time. Any submitted votes
will be saved. Just enter your original voter information on the
registration page and you will be taken back to where you left off. You
need to cast at least 10 votes in order to submit your choices.
If you experience any difficulties voting, or have questions about the ballot, feel free to contact Hartford Magazine's Online Producer at email@example.com.